Cabbage provides more medicinal value than just about any other natural food available to us. It’s packed with nutrients, can reduce chronic inflammation, improves digestion, keeps your heart healthy, lowers blood pressure and a lot more. Moreover, incorporating cabbage juice in your daily diet is a great way to improve your health, skin and hair.
Throughout history, we’ve seen cabbage used as both a food and a medicine. Like Kale and Collards, it developed from wild cabbage to a general cure-all. The cultivation of vegetable spreads across Northern Europe into Germany, Poland and Russia where it quickly became a dietary stable and an important part of regional food culture.
To make your own delicious cabbage juice, you can add other ingredients to balance the taste. Here are the sample recipes you can try to make a cabbage juice at home;
Recipe 1: Cabbage with cucumber and lemon.
- Prepare the ingredients such as 1 cup chopped cabbage, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon black salt and 1/2 of lemon juice.
- Toss the chopped cabbage and cucumber into the blender and give it a spin.
- Pour the juice into a glass. Add lemon juice and black salt and stir well. Enjoy your delish cabbage juice!
Recipe 2: Cabbage with apple and canary melon.
- Prepare ingredients such as 4-5 green or red apples, 1 green cabbage and 1 canary melon.
- Roughly cut the green cabbage into wedges.
- Cut melon in half, scoop the seeds with a spoon, cut the bottom and slice around the sides to remove the rest of the skin. Then cut it into large chunks.
- Prepare the apples. You can keep it whole or cut them into chunks.
- Push all the vegetables and fruits through the juicer and enjoy a delectable pale green veggie fruit drink.
Recipe 3: Cabbage with carrot.
- Prepare 1/4 of a medium cabbage and 3 large carrots.
- Cut the cabbage into pieces and peel and cut up the carrots into small chunks.
- Put everything in the blender along with a glass of water and blend it together. There you have a tasty cabbage and carrot juice in one!